This Blog
- Spencer
- This blog is designed to give common info to the public, along with some tid-bits for the men. Girls don't be shy, you can post too.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Rhetoric Styles in High School
After our discussion in class, I have really been interested on the Rhetoric Triangle. I have recently noticed that we use this "shape" in our everyday lives. Now, we all get into arguments and all have excuses, but where do we decide to come up with them? Do we try to give the audience the "guilt trip" i.e. Pathos or do we give our parents some crazy information i.e. Logos. It is unnoticed because no-one has thought of it this way, or at least I have never seen it this way. Now, it gives me the idea that I can start practicing my Rhetoric styles much earlier on, instead of waiting for the business world. I would suggest the same for you. Just take any argument you find in school, and try to figure out what style is used. I feel that most arguments are Logos (sadly...) simply because they are the easiest to lie about and can be very bias. It is the simple fight of, "You kissed her, and she kissed him, oh-my-god! What are we going to do?" All this argument is is a bunch of facts about the night before. Simple, yes, done correctly, no. Just something to think about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment