This Blog

My photo
This blog is designed to give common info to the public, along with some tid-bits for the men. Girls don't be shy, you can post too.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Facebook

Okay, although Facebook does not exist within the theme of Manlyhood, I have decided to include this article in my blog. As I was commenting on my teacher's blog, I read a very interesting few sentences, "There are so many fantastic technology and web resources out there. I would love to teach my students about many of them but I worry that they will continue to rely on old favorites - MySpace, Facebook, Google and YouTube." Look, I would agree with the Myspace factor involved in this paragraph, but sites such as Facebook and YouTube provides valuable information in a very fast and effective manner. Facebook also creates a networking system that allows many different people from many different places to interact in a fast method. Facebook is a catalyst for the young mind to interact. In respect I disagree with the critics that claim Facebook to be a burden to the youth and an invalid form of information.

4 comments:

RJ said...

Spencer,

I agree with you about facebook. I think it is a very interesting website to be able to access at any time. It allows you to connect with former and current friends and be able to communicate in a different way other than by a telephone. It provides valuable information about people and is a great social networking system.

Gaby said...

I think that Facebook is a great way to keep in touch with old friends. If it weren't for this website, I probably wouldn't still keep in contact with many people that I currently do today. It's such an easy way to share information too. I think it's a great website, and sometimes people judge it, in association with MySpace which has been known for contributing to some bad situations, too quickly- before they even get a chance to personally use it and see what it's all about.

Spencer said...

I agree Gaby, people tend to associate Facebook to Myspace. Although similar, they have completly different views and outputs to society. Facebook is meant for the more mature as Myspace is situated for the younger highschool student/middle school.

Eric said...

I agree with you to a point. Yes I am an avid Facebook user and I do believe it’s a great website, but the reason I believe this is because it has the potential to be great but young adults such as us don't even come close to using its full capacity. For us it’s like a second Myspace we log in commenting on other's walls or status but rarely check out others walls from around the Nation or use it to spread useful information instead of Saturday night’s party. Facebook is a good website but if used to its full potential it could become great.