This Blog
- Spencer
- This blog is designed to give common info to the public, along with some tid-bits for the men. Girls don't be shy, you can post too.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Finals
The ever-so dreaded Finals are upon us, and the countless hours of craming the many weeks of information into only a few hours. What is the best way to study? I have been looking for some new techniques to help me in my journey for perfect test scores. Does anyone have any good ideas that they could share? I'm always open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
To be honest with you, finals are overrated. You probably cannot study and learn the semesters schedule in about a couple nights. It would take a tremendous amount of work if it was possible. The best way for me to study is take the review you are given from each class, complete it, and study that for a reasonable amount of time probably at least an hour or until you understand everything mentioned on it. Once you know all of the information on that review sheet, you should do fine. People stress out over finals for no reason. Its whether you know it or you don't.
Honestly, I have never known how to really study. I start reading and my mind starts to wander, it is something that is very difficult for me. However, I have recently found that flash cards help a lot. Whether it is for vocabulary, dates, or people they help a tremendous amount. It does not help to cram because sooner or later you will forget everything you learned and only remember the first and last things your studied, in psychology it is called the serial position effect. Also, it is proven by psychologists that the use of the spacing effect, or taking breaks while studying will help you retain more information that the amount you will by cramming.
Post a Comment